View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fija
Friend
Super Troll

re: Massacre vs. Majordomo Staghelm 25 (Normal)

Massacre vs. Majordomo Staghelm 25 (Normal)

720p / 1080p

Not the best of videos, but eh it'll work for now.

How do you get it in HD and do you know how I get rid of the black border on my video? I guess it's just the resolution on how I run WoW that gives me the black border? I like your video!

Super Troll

Yeah, it's the resolution since that's what FRAPs records it as (your current desktop resolution) My current desktop resolution is 1920x1200 so that's the res the end files end up being recorded as.

Also, when you are in FRAPs settings set the video capture settings to 60 fps with Full-size recording. The files with these settings will be large and split into multiple files, once you have all parts of the video you can use a free program like http://www.virtualdub.org/ to open each segment and re-save the file as a different codec (personally I prefer XviD codec). Once you convert the file with the newly selected codec the file size will decrease, and after that it's just a matter of adding in your audio with it.

If you need to edit the audio or trim an MP3, I recommend using http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ - simply open the mp3, edit/cut as needed then export to mp3 when it's the appropriate length.

Oh, if you need the little "Massacre" intro for your videos, you can download it from here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/j7a9s3neq2w9owm/massacreintro.wmv

Ooo, thanks for the intro link.

My "native" resolution is 1600x900, so there's no way around getting that black border off my videos? Or at least minimize it, your frame is much smaller than mine... =/

And thanks for the tips, been using VirtualDub and WavePad, WavePad is similar to Audacity but I've been working with wavs instead of mp3s (well, for the Vent convos anyways) and I've just been editing mp3s in Sony Vegas. I'll definitely change the Fraps settings like you mentioned. Can't wait to make another real raid video now.

Super Troll

Hmm, your native resolution is 16:9 so it should work properly. If it was a 16:10 video being inputted into 16:9 player (YouTube) then it would make sense but that's not the case here.

Are we sure Virtual Dub is keeping the correct aspect ratio when you use it to convert the file? It has to be something with the aspect ratio, I'll take a look

When you play the uncompressed files, do they show up ok or is the border still there? It almost seems as if the 16:9 video is being converted to a 4:3. If the uncompressed files play correctly w/o the border then I think that's probably it so to eliminate that as a variable can we use something else for the conversion?

http://frapsforum.com/threads/how-to-convert-fraps-video-using-staxrip-thread-v2-0.42/

And apologies about the other tips, you obviously know what you are doing but when I write my many many guides/tutorials online I assume people are starting fresh, makes it easier that way :p

I actually didn't use VD to convert the video files, just to strip the audio so I could later chop it up in Wavepad. Maybe that's the issue. I usually just import the fraps avi files directly to Sony Vegas and work on it there, then rend it once the project is complete. So you think converting the video files before importing them to Sony Vegas would fix it?

When I play the uncompressed files (since I never compressed them) in WMP they show up without a border and it looks natural when I play them in fullscreen.

Edit: I don't know if it matters, but my settings in WoW is 1600:900 (Wide) and windowed.

Super Troll

Honestly, Vegas should be able to handle them fine, just as a test though try VD first to convert the uncompressed FRAPs file, once you have a segment converted through VD play it and see how it looks. Somewhere in the process of the conversion is where the problem is being caused (since you mentioned they show up fine with WMP)

If that does fix it, then maybe just do all the segments with VD first. That will work, as long as Vegas doesn't end up re-converting them to a different aspect ratio. I don't use Vegas enough to fully guide you through settings for that part though, but I can reinstall it and play with settings just in case, or as a test you can just eliminate Vegas completely for now and do all of this with VD.

*edit, your WoW res should be fine.

Last edited by Fija on 2011/08/24 14:59; edited 1 time in total

Pretty sure it's not Vegas' fault, because a while back I tried with Windows Movie Maker and got the same annoying frame. I'll try converting it in VD first and see how it turns out. Thank you.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: