View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chròna
Officer
Slacker

re: INFO FOR RECORDING BOSS KILLS [2016+]

Hey guys. If you are going to be recording boss kills, here's some info to continue what Fija did in his other post:

1. Settings:

Depending on what recording software you have, things may be different but this is always the main goal.

- 60 FPS

- 1080p

- .mp4 output 

Some allow you to set the encoder for your video. If it gives you H.264, it will give you the lightest file size.

Run a test to see how it looks BEFORE RECORDING A BOSS KILL. Make sure its not pixelated or a big file size (like if 1min = 30GB, thats bad), nobody wants to watch bad quality.

2. In-game:

So you're set to go and gonna record. A few things to look over when you are ready on the recording side

- Check your UI.

Mostly this is set to what you need to see so how your UI is set is up to you. But do take into account that if you're recording, other people are going to see what you see. If you got a lot of stuff going on but you need that information, its fine though try to make it look clean and with purpose. People are interested in seeing what you are doing at certain times with certain abilities so be sure to show that in a organized manner.

- Chat box

Sometimes things that pop up in our chat are out of our control and if its gonna be visible to everyone, then we may want to protect some privacy. Usually if you record off a stream you may have an image already covering the chat that will be visible in local recording, though if you are recording straight sometimes you may not have that option. When I'm editing I put a blur on any chat that doesn't have any sort of "block" on chat so it's all good.

This is more if you want to put custom art in front of your chat, feel free to do so. If not I put a default.

- Sound

Depending on your sound settings when recording, you may pick up whats coming out from your internal mix. This can be game audio, voice chat, all that stuff so take this into account. Sometimes hearing attack animations and ambiance is a little distracting, so turning them off and just getting warnings from addons and voice chat may be best.

Its good to have the option to having clean voice chat by itself so that when editing you can put some voice in, but if you leave the other stuff on while wanting voice chat it may touch to hear what people are saying.

3. Sending Files

So we got the boss kill file confirmed, how do we send it?

Usually I use Google Drive or Dropbox (both free), leave it uploading overnight (depending how big the file is) and share it with me. Send me a message in-game if you are going to send me a file!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Massacre Forum Index -> Guild Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: