View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emaleigh
Friend
Super Troll

re: Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe Vows to Behead Gays

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2013/07/28/zimbabwe_president_robert_mugabe_vows_to_behead_gays.html

Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe is once again speaking about his hatred of homosexuality as he campaigns ahead of the July 31 election. At a rally last week, Mugabe told thousands of supporters that Zimbabwe would never accept homosexuals, whom he descried as “worse than pigs, goats and birds,” reports Zimbabwe’s Newsday. “If you take men and lock them in a house for five years and tell them to come up with two children and they fail to do that, then we will chop off their heads.”

Mugabe went on to say that some African countries had been pressured by Western nations to accept homosexuality in exchange for aid. Homosexuality “seeks to destroy our lineage by saying John and John should wed, Maria and Maria should wed,” Mugabe said. “Imagine this son born out of an African father, [President Barack] Obama says if you want aid, you should accept the homosexuality practice. Aah, we will never do that.”

This is hardly the first time Mugabe has attacked gays in political speeches. The Gays and Lesbians Association of Zimbabwe recently sent a letter to the Zimbabwe Electoral Commission complaining of Mugabe’s “continued use of hate speech,” noting he had attacked gay people at seven political rallies in July, reports SW Radio Africa.

It amazes me that this is still happening in the world What should it matter who someone loves?

Maybe he got his heart broken by a lesbian? I don't know.

in other news tho the pope had something nice to say

Pope Francis says he won't 'judge' gay priests
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/29/pope-gay-priests/2595255/
Xythin

LOL WOW! Did you hear the last statement in that video?

It reminds me of the current uproar in US politics about DOMA being struck down. Meanwhile, here in Canada we legalized gay marriage several years ago and there was no outcry before or after.

"Sanity... since when have I needed a useless thing like that?"
Diligence - Glutt

We all cant be cool like Canada

Byleana wrote:
It reminds me of the current uproar in US politics about DOMA being struck down. Meanwhile, here in Canada we legalized gay marriage several years ago and there was no outcry before or after.

Don't worry, the only idiots that caused an uproar after DOMA was struck down are the same idiots that still don't realize we're in the year 2013. Instead they are still living in the past and are trying to push their archaic agenda on the rest of the world who has actually moved on and has become more accepting.

Some of us actually fully supported gay marriage/gay rights before it was the "cool" thing to do ;)

Maybe he's just concerned about spreading aids? Of course, beheading is a bit harsh when a nice swift punch to the dick usually gets people to stop...

Mugabe is probably gay. No greater hatred than self-loathing.

Is it wrong that I just envisioned him wearing an oversized clock in that picture like flava flav?

Nope! That guy behind him is staring into my soul though.

Byleana wrote:

You guys don't get upset about anything but hockey though.

Also, the article linked sounds like some American politicians that make me ashamed to live here.

Maharei

Jungard wrote:
Byleana wrote:

You guys don't get upset about anything but hockey though.

Also, the article linked sounds like some American politicians that make me ashamed to live here.

It's strange too, because we live in one of the most conservative provinces in Canada. The gay community isn't as prevelant here as in say....Toronto (or maybe I should say, it's not as open), but there's been no ongoing issues since same sex marriage was legalized here.

If we can do it, so can you!

Emma, don't be naive. There are plenty of hate crimes in US and plenty of people have been murdered, tortured, beaten, etc. for no good reasons. Hell we used to have slaves and we pretty much took everything from the native Americans.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Massacre Forum Index -> Crazy Links All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: