View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emaleigh
Friend
Super Troll

re: Mexico Overtakes United States As World's Fattest Country

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/07/10/obesity-mexico-united-states-fattest-country_n_3571988.html

Mexico has surpassed the United States as the world's fattest nation, with 32.8% of its population now classed as obese.

This worrying figure is higher than the percentage of obese US citizens, who weigh in at 32%.

The information comes from a report by the United Nations charting obesity rates across the world.

It reveals that 70% of Mexicans are overweight and childhood obesity figures have tripled in the last decade.

I thought australia was #1 now... oh well...Won't last long since about 1000 people are murdered a month... Soon the cartel will have to go after the fat people as they will not have anyone else to decapitate at this rate.

Any contry with a diet rich in lard, simple sugars, rice an beans is gonna have on obesity epidemic

Maharei

It always makes me sad to see fast food "value meals" end up costing less money than a balanced, homemade meal. Fresh produce & protein is expensive for a lot of low income families :/

I wrote a paper for my nursing ethics class that analyzed the cost for a family of 4 in the Baltimore area to eat home cooked meals for a month vs take out 3 meals a day. The cost it was an $600-800 dollars difference. That's not even looking at high quality products either, I used Warlmart data for raw cost data. It's sad, but beyond that there is also the human tendency to take the easy route, fast food requires little work, so many folks default to it.

Forum Image

Enris618
Officer
Veteran Poster

Look at that arm! Its massive!

I have a bad habit of going to dinner at restaurants a lot, but very rarely fast food anymore since I started working out and dieting. Shit is just sad though, the state of things where eating right is almost discouraged because of cost. Bottled water costs more than a gigantic soda and it's just ruining people in this country. I'll have a soda max once per week, if at all now. Horray for capitalism?

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Massacre Forum Index -> Crazy Links All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: